Budget 2019 has made some changes to Income tax for individual – the highlight being full tax rebate for individuals earning below Rs 5 Lakhs. There has been no changes in the income tax slab. We highlight the changes and give you the new tax calculator for FY 2019-20 [AY 2020-21].
Changes in Income Tax Rules:
- Rebate under Section 87A changed from Rs 2,500 to Rs 12,500 or 100% of income tax (whichever is lower) for individuals with income below Rs 5 Lakhs (from Rs 3.5 Lakhs)
- Standard Deduction raised for Salaried & Pensioners from Rs 40,000 to Rs 50,000
- Increased Tax for super-rich: Surcharge increased to 25% for income between 2 to 5 crore & to 37% for income beyond Rs 5 crores
- Additional Tax Deduction of Rs 1.5 lakhs u/s 80EEA on home loans on purchase of affordable home
- Additional Tax Deduction of Rs 1.5 lakhs u/s 80EEB on Auto loans on purchase of Electric vehicles
- No Tax on Notional Rental Income from Second House
- Capital gains exemption on reinvestment in two house properties: Tax payers can now buy two houses on sale of 1 house if the capital gains are less than Rs 2 crore. This benefit can be availed only once in lifetime
- TDS threshold increased from Rs 10,000 to Rs 40,000 on Bank Interest Income
For Details of changes read: 19 Key changes in Budget 2019
Income Tax Slab for FY 2019-20 [AY 2020-21]
For Income Tax Purpose – citizens above age of 60 are considered as Senior Citizens and above age of 80 are considered Very Senior citizens.
Download Income Tax Calculator
You can download the Income Tax Calculator for FY 2019-20 [AY 2020-21] from the link below.
Limitations of the Calculator:
- This Calculator is for people with only one home
- It does not computes Capital Gains Tax
These features might be incorporated in next versions of the Tax calculator