PPF (Public Provident Fund) is one of the most popular investment in India and rightly so. It’s safe, backed by Government and gives tax free returns. We have designed this Excel based calculator for PPF Withdrawal, Loan and Maturity which you can download.
PPF Calculator Excel
This PPF calculator can calculate the maximum loan eligibility, partial withdrawal eligibility and the maturity value at the end of 15 years.
It takes the historical interest rates automatically depending on the financial year. The future years where the interest rates have not been declared takes the value of last declared rates.
You can download Excel based calculator below.
How the PPF Calculator Excel Works?
The PPF Calculator Excel looks like the figure below. You can change the values in Orange cells only.
You can input the account opening year. The year here is financial year. For e.g. 2001-02 means account opened between 1 April 2001 and 31 march 2002.
Next input is Annual contribution. If you contribute same amount every year as in the example below, it will automatically take those values across years. However if your contribution has varied over the years, you can change that in the “Amount Deposited” cells for each year.
Next editable field is “PPF Interest Rate” fields each year. The PPF Calculator Excel picks up values itself for years the interest rate is declared but you can give your own assumed values for future years. A point to remember the interest rate is declared every quarter now – so you can take the average of all 4 values and feed it against the financial year. This will give you approximate maturity amount, loan that you take against PPF and if you are eligible for Partial PPF withdrawal.
Loan against PPF Rules
Following are the rules for Loan against PPF:
- The loan facility is available from third to sixth financial year of opening the account.
- The maximum PPF loan that can be taken is 25% of the PPF account balance at the end of preceding two financial years. For e.g. for FY 2013-14 you can borrow 25% of the amount present at the end of FY 2011-12.
- The interest rate on loan would be 1% higher than the prevailing interest offered on PPF (since December 1, 2019).
- Inactive accounts are not eligible for loan.
- You can borrow multiple times in the third to sixth financial year, once you fully pay the preceding loan.
- PPF Form D needs to submitted to apply for loan.
Calculator for Small Saving Scheme – PPF, SCSS, Sukanya Samriddhi, NSC, Post Office FD/RD/MIS
Small saving scheme sponsored by Government of India like Sukanya Samriddhi Account, PPF, Senior Citizens’ Savings Scheme are quite popular and rightly so because of the safety, higher interest rate offered among other things. We have built calculator for each of them where you can check the maturity amount, loan eligibility, partial withdrawal and more. Click on the links to get the relevant calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Senior Citizens’ Savings Scheme Calculator
Post Office Fixed Deposit (Time Deposit) Calculator
Post Office Recurring Deposit Calculator
PPF Partial Withdrawal Rules
- Partial withdrawal is available from seventh financial year from the account opening financial year. So if you opened account in FY 2011-12, the earliest you can withdraw is FY 2017-18.
- The maximum amount you can withdraw every year is 50% of the account balance in the preceding 4 financial years.
- Only one withdrawal can be made every financial year.
- PPF Form C needs to submitted to make partial withdrawal.
- In case the withdrawal is from account opened in the name of minor, a declaration needs to be given by the guardian that the amount would be used for the benefit of the minor.
PPF Extension Rules
- PPF account matures at the end of 15 years from date of account opening.
- You can request for extension of PPF account for 5 years at a time. This extension is possible for any number of times. This means that you can continue PPF for a long period of time.
- For extension you need to choose if you want to extend the PPF with contribution or without contribution.
- In case of extension without contribution the balance in PPF account continues to earn interest and you need not contribute anymore. You can also withdraw entire amount anytime.
- In case of extension with contribution you can withdraw only 60% of the balance before the start of this 5 year extension period.
How much Taxes you Need to Pay this Year? Download Our Income Tax Calculator to Know your Numbers
Do you know how much tax you need to pay for the year? Have you taken benefit of all tax saving rules and investments? Should you use the “NEW” tax regime or continue with the old one? In case you have all these questions just Download the Free Excel Income Tax Calculator for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23) and get your answers.
PPF Calculator FAQs
✅ What is full form of PPF?
PPF stands for Public Provident Fund and is part of small savings scheme by Government of India. This instrument was designed for everyone to save for their long term goals like retirement.
✅ How to use the PPF Calculator?
The PPF calculator is excel based and is easy to use. You need to input the investment year, annual contribution amount and the calculator gives you the maturity amount. In case you do not have equal contribution across all years, you can manually edit each year’s contribution. Also you need to provide interest rate for future years as the calculator assumes the last declared interest rate for all future computations.
✅ Does the PPF interest rate changes after investment?
The PPF interest rate is declared on the first day of every quarter of the year on January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1 and is valid for that quarter. So yes interest rate on PPF changes even after you have opened your PPF account.
23 thoughts on “PPF Calculator Excel 2021 ★ Calculate the Maturity, Loan and Partial Withdrawal”
SBI ppf only allows for 5 year extension from the 15 yrs that we are to be invested in.. How and where are the 30 years plans coming from in here. can you please guide us in this.
Nice information you shared on retirement planing.
Sir i want to know that how can we calculate the ppf amount for one financial year if interest rate is 7.10 and amount invested is in variable scheme of investment. I invested amount 25 then 75 and tgen 50 thoysand in three months total 150 for one financial year 2020
My ppf account oppen date 10/09/1990 & Extension 5 years
Whot my Maturity date?
Your service is commendable. Your advice and utilities are very useful.Thank you
kindly suggest…custmer made withdrawl 25/2/16- Rs27000/-, 06/02/2015- Rs 25000/-, 02/02/2015-Rs 25000/-…… and his bal is for FY-(15-16)=177741/-, FY(14-15) =156369/-, FY(13-14)=124954/-….NOW PL TELL what amt can be permissionable for this current financial year…
HOW TO WITHDROWAL PPF FOR NEW HOME?
You can withdraw PPF depending on the years invested. You can find more details on PPF withdrawal here.
Dear Sir, I also 29-03-2016 start to PPF account interest rate 8.7%, but 01-04-2016 PPF interest rate 8.1%. 15 years after which interest belong.
Dear Sir, I opened PPF account on 04-04-2016 & the same day i deposited Rs. 500/- Kindly Let me Know that when account will be mature.
The PPF account would mature after 15 years i.e. April 2031
Dear Amit Ji, The bank has given me one statement copy where it has been mentioned that account maturity Date as 01-04-2032, request you to Kindly explain.
Sorry for the goofup – your bank is correct. The maturity is after completion of 15 years – so effectively its 16 years
Hi i want to open ppf acc. Now in December. is it the good time to invest
You can open PPF account anytime with just Rs 500. Then you can make any amount of deposits anytime you want. So take your call. Anytime is good for PPF account.
Sir, is there any upper limit of maturity value of this account
There is only limit for investment in a financial year and no upper limit on maturity value of PPF.
Sir May i get max. amt.to credit money in P.P.F. and what amt.install ment
Sorry Niranjan I could not understand the question. But if you are asking the maximum amount you can deposit in PPF – it’s 1.5 Lakhs every financial year and yes you can deposit this entire amount in 1 installment.
sir if I invest 100000 in PPF at the end of the year on 31st march and continue in same way till maturity then how much will I get?
Assuming interest rate of 8.7% for every year and maturity period of 15 years you would get approximately Rs 30.5 lakhs on maturity on deposit of Rs 1 lakh every year.
sir I got 3117275 if invested on 1st april in the beginning of every year and 3217275 if invested at the end of every year on 31st march. Is it correct?
Yes you may be right as I had given an back of the envelop approximate figure.The difference in both the figures is because in case of April 1, you are putting your money for 11 months more.