Kosamattam Finance Ltd has come out with public issue of non-convertible debentures (NCD) – Kosamattam Finance NCD offering up to 10.25% interest rate and opens for subscription from March 30, 2021.
Kosamattam Finance Ltd is a Kerala Based NBFC engaged in gold loan finance business. They lend money against the pledge of household Jewellery in the state of Kerala, Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Delhi and in the Union Territory of Puducherry. They also offers fee based ancillary services which include money transfer services, foreign currency exchange and air ticketing services.
- 1 Kosamattam Finance NCD – Significant Points:
- 2 Kosamattam Finance NCD – Investment Options:
- 3 Kosamattam Finance NCD – Who can Apply?
- 4 Kosamattam Finance NCD Review
- 5 How to Apply for Kosamattam Finance NCD?
- 6 Recommendation:
- 7 Kosamattam Finance NCD FAQs
Kosamattam Finance NCD – Significant Points:
- Offer Period: March 30 to April 23, 2021
- Annual Interest Rates for Retail Investors: 8.00% to 10.25% depending on tenure
- Price of each bond: Rs 1,000
- Minimum Investment: 10 Bonds (Rs 10,000)
- Max Investment Limit for Retail Investor: Rs 10 Lakhs
- Credit Rating: ‘BWR BBB+’ – Outlook Stable, by Brickwork Ratings India Private Limited
- Allotment: First Come First Serve
- Listing: Bonds would be listed on BSE and will entail capital gains tax on exit through secondary market
Kosamattam Finance NCD – Investment Options:
There are 8 options of investment in Kosamattam Finance NCD.
Learn All about NCDs
NCDs or non-convertible debentures or more popularly known as Bonds are a bit complex investment products. You must understand the product, risk involved, the taxation on interest received and when you sale it. We have done a separate post regarding this titled – Know all about NCDs.
Also you can keep track of upcoming NCD issues here.
Kosamattam Finance NCD – Who can Apply?
This issue is open to all Indian residents, HUFs and Institutions.
- Category I – Institutional Investors – 10% of the issue is reserved
- Category II – Non-Institutional Investors, Corporates – 10% of the issue is reserved
- Category III – HNIs – 40% of the issue is reserved
- Category IV – Retail Individual Investors – 40% of the issue is reserved
However NRIs cannot apply for this NCD.
Best way to Double your Money
Who does not want more and wouldn’t you love to Double your money? For sure we all would – we have listed 7 authentic investments which you can use to double your money. The post talks not only about the returns but also the risks associated with each investment.
Kosamattam Finance NCD Review
Why you should invest in Kosamattam Finance NCD?
- The NCD is secured, which means the above debt is backed by assets of the company
- The interest rates are 2% – 3% higher than your regular Bank FDs
- No TDS if invested in Demat Form
Why you should not invest in Kosamattam Finance NCD?
- The issue has BBB rating – which means retail investors should stay away as it has high risk of default.
- You can invest in Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd NCD offering up to 9.25% and has AA rating.
How to Apply for Kosamattam Finance NCD?
You can apply online by ASBA facility provided by banks. It’s the easiest way to apply and also avoids a lot of hassle in terms of KYC and paper work.
How to apply for NCD through ASBA?
If you want to apply to NCDs, ASBA is the best way to do so. It’s easy, secure and the money leaves the account only when the bonds are allocated. We have covered step by step process for ASBA in SBI in the post. You have ASBA facility in most big banks.
In case you don’t want to do it online, you can download the application form from company site or Financial Institutions and submit to collection centers.
- My recommendation is DO NOT Invest in Kosamattam Finance NCD due to BBB credit rating.
How much Taxes you Need to Pay this Year? Download Our Income Tax Calculator to Know your Numbers
Do you know how much tax you need to pay for the year? Have you taken benefit of all tax saving rules and investments? Should you use the “NEW” tax regime or continue with the old one? In case you have all these questions just Download the Free Excel Income Tax Calculator for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23) and get your answers.
Kosamattam Finance NCD FAQs
✅ How to apply for Kosamattam Finance NCD?
You can apply online by ASBA facility provided by most banks. It’s the easiest way to apply and also avoids a lot of hassle in terms of KYC and paper work. In case you don’t want to do it online, you can download the application form from company site or Financial Institutions and submit to collection centers.
✅ Is Kosamattam Finance NCD Secure?
Kosamattam Finance NCD investment option 1 to 6 is secured by its assets and future income while Option 7 & 8 are unsecured.
✅ What is tax on Kosamattam Finance NCD?
For Tax Purpose NCDs are treated similar to Fixed Deposits. The interest earned is added to your income as “income from other sources” and taxed accordingly.
In case the NCD is sold before maturity on stock exchanges, it would lead to Capital Gains and taxed according to the holding period.
-If the NCD was sold within 12 months of allotment, it leads to Short Term Capital Gains and
-if the selling period is more than 12 months its Long Term Capital Gains
-Short Term Capital Gains would be added to income and taxed accordingly
-Long term capital Gains would be taxed at the flat rate of 10% (u/s 112 of IT Act)
✅ Is Kosamattam Finance NCD safe to invest?
The credit rating for Kosamattam Finance NCD is BBB. This is a low rating and hence our recommendation is to stay away from this.