While filing Income tax return there might be case that you need to pay additional tax. We have stated in an earlier post about how to pay this Self-Assessment tax using Challan 280. The problem is sometimes people forget to save the receipt and later cannot find the details to fill up in the ITR Form. This is OK once the payment is reflected in your Form 26AS but in case of urgency like few days before ITR due date you cannot wait so long.
- 1 How Long it takes Challan 280 to reflect in Form 26AS?
- 2 Challan 280 receipt Details for ITR:
- 3 Challan 280 Receipt On TIN Website
- 4 Through Internet banking for Selected banks
How Long it takes Challan 280 to reflect in Form 26AS?
According to banks, they upload the Tax payment information to TIN within 3 working days after realization of tax payment. The TIN automatically updates this information in Form 26AS next day. So ideally your Self-Assessment or Advance Tax Payment should be reflected within 4-5 working days in Form 26AS. But it’s not an ideal world and at times and during high load times, this may extend up to 10 days.
Challan 280 receipt Details for ITR:
You need the following details from Challan 280 receipt to fill up in ITR Form: BSR Code, Date of Deposit, Serial Number of Challan and Tax Paid
[box type=”info” size=”large” style=”rounded” border=”full”]
Here are some posts which can help you with e-filing of ITR 2019:
We tell you how you can Reprint or Regenerate Challan 280 used for Self-Assessment Tax or Advance Tax payment.
Challan 280 Receipt On TIN Website
You can follow this link of TIN NSDL Website and get your challan receipt provided you have BSR Code of Collecting Branch, Challan Tender Date(Cash/Cheque Deposit Date) & Challan Serial No.
CIN or Challan Identification Number is combination of BSR Code, Date and Challan Number and is used to uniquely identify a challan receipt. The receipt below shows the CIN Number
Just fill up the form as shown below and your receipt would be generated.
Through Internet banking for Selected banks
In case you had paid the self-assessment tax using net banking, you can view the same through net banking. We show it for SBI, ICICI Bank & HDFC Bank.
SBI – Challan 280 Receipt
- Login to SBI Net Banking
- Select e-Tax and then Reprint Challan
- Specify the Date to reprint Challan
- You’ll get list of all challans, click and download PDF as required
SBI – Challan 280 Receipt (in case of Debit Card)
In case you used SBI Debit card to make the self-assessment tax payment you have to go to SBI Enquiry Transaction Status webpage:
- Select OLTAS (for income tax) as Merchant name
- Fill up the PAN enter PAN Number, Bank Account Number and the dates for transaction
- You will get Transaction details & the following option “Click here to see the challan details” to get your challan
HDFC Bank – Challan 280 Receipt
- Login to HDFC Net Banking
- Go to Accounts and then expand Request
- Scroll and Click to Regenerate Direct Tax Challan
- The challans are listed
- Select and Download as required
ICICI Bank – Challan 280 Receipt
Login to ICICI Net Banking
Go to Payments and Transfer menu select Tax Center
In the Tax Center Click on eTax Challans
The challans are listed
Select and Download as required