SREI Equipment Finance has come out with public issue of non-convertible debentures (NCD) offering up to 10.75% interest rate. The issue opens on December 19, 2018 and closes on January 18, 2019.
SREI Equipment Finance is joint venture of SREI and BNP Paribas and deals with financing of Infrastructure equipment in organized sector.
SREI Equipment Finance NCD – Significant Points:
- Offer Period: December 19, 2018 to January 18, 2019
- Annual Interest Rates for Retail Investors: 9.75% to 10.75% depending on tenure
- Additional Incentive of 0.25% for existing investors and Senior Citizens (for Series III, Series IV, Series VI, Series VII and/or Series IX)
- Price of each bond: Rs 1,000
- Minimum Investment: 10 Bonds (Rs 10,000)
- Max Investment Limit for Retail Investor: Rs 10 Lakhs
- Credit Rating: “BWR AA+” (BWR Double A Plus) (Outlook: Stable) and “SMERA AA+/Stable’ (SMERA Double A plus/Stable)”
- NCD Size: Rs 150 crore with option to retain over-subscription upto Rs 300 crore
- Allotment: First Come First Serve
- Listing: Bonds would be listed on BSE and will entail capital gains tax on exit through secondary market
Also Read – Know NCD – Investment Tips, TDS and Taxation
SREI Equipment NCD – Investment Options:
There are 9 options of investment in SREI Equipment Finance NCD.
Company shall allocate and allot Series IV NCDs wherein the Applicants have not indicated their choice of the relevant NCD Series.
For Series V and/or Series VIII NCDs, for investors with 0.25% additional incentive, the maturity amount at redemption along with the additional yield would be Rs. 1350/- per NCD , and Rs. 1667/- per NCD respectively.
Also Read: 25 Tax Free Incomes & Investments in India
SREI Equipment Finance NCD – Who can Apply?
This issue is open to all Indian residents, HUFs and Institutions.
- Category I – Institutional Investors – 20% of the issue is reserved
- Category II – Non-Institutional Investors, Corporates – 20% of the issue is reserved
- Category III – Retail Individual Investors including HUFs – 60% of the issue is reserved
NRIs cannot apply for this NCD.
Why you should invest?
- AA+ Credit rating means very less likely hood of credit default
- Part of well known conglomerate – SREI
- The interest rates are 2% higher than your regular Bank FDs
- No TDS if invested in Demat Form
Also Read: Highest Interest Rate on Recurring Deposits
Why you should not invest?
- The profits of the company declined as compared to the previous year
- There are NCDs available in secondary market which have higher yields with similar rating. The problem is low liquidity and hence is difficult to buy in large numbers.
- The present Tax Free Bonds are offering yields up to 6.5% in secondary market, which is better investment for People in highest tax bracket.
- You can also invest in high rated company fixed deposits
How to Apply?
You can apply online by ASBA facility provided by banks. It’s the easiest way to apply and also avoids a lot of hassle in terms of KYC and paper work.
In case you don’t want to do it online, you can download the application form from company site or Financial Institutions and submit to collection centers.
- My recommendation is to invest some part of your Fixed Income investment in this NCD Issue
- You should always have diversified portfolio be it fixed deposit, NCD or equity investment
- Its good idea to remain invested till maturity because liquidity on exchanges are low and hence you would get lower than market value
If you plan to invest in this issue, do it early as most good NCD issues are over-subscribed before the end date.
1 thought on “10.75% SREI Equipment Finance NCD – Dec’18/Jan’19 – Should you Invest?”
Dilemma Dilemma Dilemma… Which one to invest among these two NCD in this January, 2019, SREI Infra or Shriram Transport Finance, both for option of 10 years, Annually Interest, and which one is relatively more safe? 🤔