|Rating||‘BWR AA-‘ by Brickwork Ratings India Pvt. Limited CARE‘A+’ by CARE Ratings (Credit Analysis & Research Ltd.) ‘LA’ by ICRA Limited|
|Face Value||Rs. 5,000/- per bond|
|Minimum Application||Rs. 5,000/- (i.e. 1 Bond)|
|Issue Schedule||Issue Open Date : November 30,2011|
Issue Close Date : January 16, 2012
|Options for Subscription||I||II||III||IV|
|Frequency of Interest Payment||Cumulative||Annual||Cumulative||Annual|
|Coupon (% p.a.)||9.09 % p.a. (Annual compounding)||9.09 % p.a.||9.16 % p.a. (Annual compounding)||9.16 % p.a.|
|Tenor||10 years||10 years||15 years||15 years|
|Lock-in period||5 years from the deemed date of Allotment|
|Deemed Date of Allotment||February 15,2012|
|Issuance & Trading||Bonds shall be issued both in dematerialised form and physical form. However, trading allowed only in dematerialised mode after the expiry of Lock-in Period of 5 years|
Should you invest in IFCI Infrastructure bond series IV?
Rate of interest for PPF is 8.6% while in IFCI Bond you can lock-in your investment for 15 years at 9.16% interest. I think its the right time to invest in IFCI Infrastructure bond Series IV.
Your returns would depend on the tax bracket you are. For details on the same Click here.
- If you are in 30% tax bracket your annual return would be 15.7% per annum
- while for 20% tax bracket your return would be 13.15% and
- for 10% tax bracket the returns would be 11.0%
I think its a decent return and its recommended to lock-in in such tax saving instruments at this high interest rate period.
Some significant points about investing in IFCI Infrastructure Bonds:
- No TDS would be deducted in these bonds.
- This would be listed on BSE and you can sell your bonds in secondary market at the end of 5 years
- The bonds shall be issued in both Demat and physical mode
- The maximum tax benefit you can get from this bond is Rs 20,000 under section 80CCF and this is in addition to the 1 Lac limit under 80C.
- These bonds may be mortgaged or pledged to avail the loans after the lock in period.
I suggest everyone in the higher tax bracket to subscribe to the Infrastructure bonds. You may subscribe to this IFCI bond or wait for other institutions to issue these kinds of bonds. But by the end of this financial year you must opt to save tax on additional Rs 20,000!