6 thoughts on “How to Save Long Term Capital Gains Tax from Property?

  1. Ajay Ranade says:

    If the property is held jointly by Husband and Wife, can be split the LTCG equally between them? This will reduce some tax burden. Pls explain.

    • Yes you can split the capital gains among you based on share in property or share of contribution both have in purchasing it.

      • Ronit Kirtganhalli says:

        Can you please elaborate on this, say the property (plot) was purchased at Rs. 1,20,000 in May 2003 jointly registered in husband and wife’s name and current market value is Rs 1,50,00000 on May 2019 what will be the capital gain tax liabilities if it is not reinvested in any section under 54 or 54EC.


    I have sold my flat in sept. 2017 at Rs. 32 L, whereas i have purcahsed the same at 30.01 L in may 2013. Is there any form that i can availe the Loss of this long term investment.
    kindly help me in this at 8919459919

  3. Ananthakumar AS says:

    Kindly send one example for govt salaried employees tax caliculation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *