Pratibha Industries, Mumbai based Infrastructure development and SAW pipe Manufacturing company is offering fixed deposit scheme for a time frame of one, two and three years. Below are the details:
- The deposit will be accepted in multiples of Rs 5,000/- subject to a minimum of Rs. 20,000/-.
- For Scheme 1, interest will be paid half yearly.
- For Scheme 2, interest will be compounded at half yearly basis & paid on maturity.
- An additional interest @0.25% p.a. will be paid on Fixed Deposit to:
- Shareholder (Subject to a minimum holding of 500 shares) of the Company, or
- senior citizens (60 years and above subject to submission of proof of age), or
- employees (current & retired) of the Company.
- Deposits will be accepted from Individuals, Minor (through Natural Guardians) & HUFs.
- Nomination facility available.
- Interest and maturity value payments are subject to deduction of tax at source, where ever applicable.
- The Application form can be obtained and also submitted along with the necessary remittance at the Offices of the Managers to the Fixed Deposit .
- Payments should be made by an ” A/c Payee” cheque / draft on a schedule bank in favour of “Pratibha Industries Limited” payable at Mumbai. Cash shall not be accepted.
Fixed Deposit Schemes:
|Scheme 1 – Non-Cumulative|
|Period||Rate Of Interest|
|Scheme 2 – Cumulative|
|Period||Rate Of Interest||Annual Yield||Maturity Value|
About Pratibha Industries:
- Pratibha Industries Limited was incorporated as a public limited company on July 19, 1995.
- It is a medium sized ISO 9001:2000 certified company engaged in the business of infrastructure development with focus on water supply, sewerage, road construction, mass housing including commercial public utilities like railway station complexes, EPC contracts for oil and gas transmission and pre-cast design cum construction.
- The Company has been awarded more than 50 projects in last 7 years.
- Was listed on stock exchanges in February 2006
The interest rate of 12.25% pa is higher by 250-300 basis points than that offered by most banks. The company is profit making and dividend paying. It posted a net profit of Rs 83.24 crore for the year ended March 2012
Why not to invest?
Company fixed deposits are unsecured and illiquid. Interest income from company fixed deposits is taxable and for those in the highest tax bracket the post tax return works out to a mere 8.46%.