PF Passbook is an important document which tells members about the contribution made by its employer, interest credits, transfers made, etc. You should check regularly to know if your EPF account is in good standing. It also helps you keep a tab on the balance in the account and if the interest has been credited to the account. In this post we tell you how can you can access your PF (EPF) Passbook online.
How to Download PF Passbook?
EPFO has made it simple for all members to view and download their EPF Passbook online. The only requirement is you need to have your UAN. Below is the step by step instruction for the same:
Step 1: Go to EPFO Passbook Portal. Enter your UAN and password and click on the “Login” button.
Some notes as per the EPF Passbook Portal
- This facility is to view the Member Passbook for the members registered on the Unified Member Portal.
- Passbook will be available after 6 Hours of registration at Unified Member Portal.
- Changes in the credentials at Unified Member Portal will be effective at this Portal after 6 Hours.
- Passbook will have the entries which has been reconciled at the EPFO field offices.
- Passbook facility not be available for the Exempted Establishments Members / Settled Members / Inoperative Members.
Also Read: Check latest & historical EPF Interest Rate (since 1952)
Step 2: All the member IDs associated with the UAN is visible here. So if you have change multiple jobs, you can see EPF member IDs for all these accounts. You need to click on the relevant IDs to check respective passbook.
Step 3: The passbook opens in PDF format which can also be downloaded to your computer.
Also Read: 5 Quick Ways to check EPF Balance
EPF Member Passbook Details
As can be seen in the above picture, the EPF passbook contains the following details:
- Establishment ID and the name of the company (Employer)
- Member ID and the member’s name (Employee)
- Name of the EPFO office and its type
- Employee’s and Employer’s share in the contribution
- Monthly depository & withdrawal contribution of the employee and the employer
- Monthly contribution towards the pension account of the employee
- Any previous account that has been transferred to the existing UAN
The date and time of the printing of the passbook is also mentioned at the end of the statement.
Also Read: Tax & TDS on EPF Withdrawal
Who cannot view EPF Passbook on the Portal?
Following members who would not be able to view their passbook from this portal:
- Exempted Establishments Members
- Settled Members
- Inoperative Members
A lot of big companies have their own PF trust and the members are called Exempted Establishments Members. In this case companies have their internal portal where members can view their EPF passbooks.
EPF Passbook without using UAN
Some members have asked if they can access their EPF Passbook without using UAN. The answer is NO as the passbook is linked to a particular UAN. So, go ahead and activate your UAN and start viewing your EPF passbook.
EPF Passbook through Umang App:
Umang App is the official app from EPFO for a lot of services. Members can easily download their PF passbook through Umang App. Be careful to download the official app as there are many copycats available on Google Play store.
EPF Passbook is available online and on EPFO Umang App and can be eaisly downloaded if you have active UAN number and follow some simple steps.