Muthoot Fincorp Ltd, has come out with public issue of non-convertible debentures (NCD) – Muthoot Fincorp NCD offering up to 10.20% interest rate and opens for subscription from April 7, 2021. This post is about Muthoot Fincorp NCD Review.
Muthoot Fincorp Ltd is a non-deposit taking NBFC (non-banking finance company). The NBFC is focused on loan against gold ornaments & jewellery for personal & business needs. They also have some interest in generation and sale of wind energy and real-estate. Note: Muthoot Fincorp Ltd is a different company than Muthoot Finance which is market leader in gold loans.
- 1 Muthoot Fincorp NCD – Significant Points:
- 2 Muthoot Fincorp NCD – Investment Options:
- 3 Muthoot Fincorp NCD – Who can Apply?
- 4 Muthoot Fincorp NCD Review
- 5 How to Apply for Muthoot Fincorp NCD?
- 6 Recommendation:
- 7 Muthoot Fincorp NCD FAQs
Muthoot Fincorp NCD – Significant Points:
- Offer Period: April 7 to 29, 2021
- Annual Interest Rates for Retail Investors: 8.25% to 10.20% depending on tenure
- Price of each bond: Rs 1,000
- Minimum Investment: 10 Bonds (Rs 10,000)
- Max Investment Limit for Retail Investor: Rs 10 Lakhs
- Credit Rating: CRISIL A+ (Stable) by Crisil Rating
- NCD Size: Rs. 200 Crores with an option to Retain Over-subscription Up to Rs 200 crore
- Allotment: First Come First Serve
- Listing: Bonds would be listed on BSE and will entail capital gains tax on exit through secondary market
- This NCD issue security symbol is MFINCORP10
Learn All about NCDs
NCDs or non-convertible debentures or more popularly known as Bonds are a bit complex investment products. You must understand the product, risk involved, the taxation on interest received and when you sale it. We have done a separate post regarding this titled – Know all about NCDs.
Also you can keep track of upcoming NCD issues here.
Muthoot Fincorp NCD – Investment Options:
There are 9 options of investment in Muthoot Fincorp NCD.
Best way to Double your Money
Who does not want more and wouldn’t you love to Double your money? For sure we all would – we have listed 7 authentic investments which you can use to double your money. The post talks not only about the returns but also the risks associated with each investment.
Muthoot Fincorp NCD – Who can Apply?
This issue is open to all Indian residents, HUFs and Institutions.
- Category I – Institutional Investors – 10% of the issue is reserved
- Category II – Non-Institutional Investors, Corporates – 10% of the issue is reserved
- Category III – HNIs – 30% of the issue is reserved
- Category IV – Retail Individual Investors – 50% of the issue is reserved
However NRIs cannot apply for this NCD.
Muthoot Fincorp NCD Review
Why you should invest in Muthoot Fincorp NCD?
- Some series (except IV, V IX) NCD is secured, which means the above debt is backed by assets of the company
- The interest rates are 3% – 4% higher than your regular Bank FDs
- No TDS if invested in Demat Form
Why you should not invest in Muthoot Fincorp NCD?
- There have been issues with some well rated companies like DHFL, IL&FS where rating agencies suddenly downgrade the rating. This risk always existed but it has come to forefront in last few months
- The fortune of Gold Loan companies are dependent on Gold Prices. Any negative correction to Gold prices can be bad for company
- There are other NCDs open for subscription
Should you Invest in Gold?
We looked at more than 55 years history of gold to see if its a good idea to invest in Gold. We concluded that its more volatile than perceived but investing in long term may provide you with more stable returns. You can look at the complete analysis and our conclusion here – Looking at Gold Price History in India – Should you Invest in Gold?
How to Apply for Muthoot Fincorp NCD?
You can apply online by ASBA facility provided by banks. It’s the easiest way to apply and also avoids a lot of hassle in terms of KYC and paper work.
How to apply for NCD through ASBA?
If you want to apply to NCDs, ASBA is the best way to do so. It’s easy, secure and the money leaves the account only when the bonds are allocated. We have covered step by step process for ASBA in SBI in the post. You have ASBA facility in most big banks.
In case you don’t want to do it online, you can download the application form from company site or Financial Institutions and submit to collection centers.
- My recommendation is invest very little part of your Fixed Income investment in Muthoot Fincorp NCD Issue – Only secured & short term options (Series I, II, VI, VIII) (this is relatively high risk for retail investors – you must understand the associated risk)
- You should always have diversified portfolio be it fixed deposit, NCD or equity investment
- Its good idea to remain invested till maturity because liquidity on exchanges are low and hence you would get lower than market value
How much Taxes you Need to Pay this Year? Download Our Income Tax Calculator to Know your Numbers
Do you know how much tax you need to pay for the year? Have you taken benefit of all tax saving rules and investments? Should you use the “NEW” tax regime or continue with the old one? In case you have all these questions just Download the Free Excel Income Tax Calculator for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23) and get your answers.
Muthoot Fincorp NCD FAQs
✅ How to apply for Muthoot Fincorp NCD?
You can apply online by ASBA facility provided by most banks. It’s the easiest way to apply and also avoids a lot of hassle in terms of KYC and paper work. In case you don’t want to do it online, you can download the application form from company site or Financial Institutions and submit to collection centers.
✅ Is Muthoot Fincorp NCD Secure?
Muthoot Fincorp NCD Series IV, V IX is unsecured while all other investment options is secured by its assets and future income.
✅ What is tax on Muthoot Fincorp NCD?
For Tax Purpose NCDs are treated similar to Fixed Deposits. The interest earned is added to your income as “income from other sources” and taxed accordingly.
In case the NCD is sold before maturity on stock exchanges, it would lead to Capital Gains and taxed according to the holding period.
-If the NCD was sold within 12 months of allotment, it leads to Short Term Capital Gains and
-if the selling period is more than 12 months its Long Term Capital Gains
-Short Term Capital Gains would be added to income and taxed accordingly
-Long term capital Gains would be taxed at the flat rate of 10% (u/s 112 of IT Act)
✅ Is Muthoot Fincorp NCD safe to invest?
The credit rating for Muthoot Fincorp NCD is A+. This is high risk for retail investors. If you must invest choose only secured & short term options (Series I, II, VI, VIII). Do remember that these ratings are as of today and these may change depending on company’s performance and external situations. So investors need to track the company closely.
✅ When would Muthoot Fincorp NCD April 2021 be listed on Stock exchange?
Muthoot Fincorp NCD would be listed on BSE within 6 days of close of the issue.
2 thoughts on “10.20% Muthoot Fincorp NCD ★ April 2021 ★ Review”
Dear Team ,
I amSaji John , would like to know more about the Fixed Deposit.
I am from Venomny , Alappuzha Dist , Kerala .
pls reply through mail.
Awaiting your reply.
In HDFC Bank ASBA facility, this issue is not listed. How to apply then?