If you still looking for investing in Infrastructure Bonds for saving income tax in February 2012, you have option from five companies.
- Rural Electrification Corporation
- L&T Infrastructure Finance Company
- Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC)
- SREI Infrastructure Finance
Just in case you missed it, an investment in infrastructure bonds under Section 80CCF is an additional window to save tax upto Rs 20,000, over and above the Rs One lakh limit already available.
The table below summarizes the options available.
|Infrastructure Bonds||Minimum Amount||Interest Rate||Maturity Date||Maturity Amount*||Close Date|
|IFCI Infrastructure Bond||5,000||9.16%||15 Years||47,740||8-Feb-12|
|Rural Electrification Corporation||5,000||9.15%||15 Years||74,368||10-Feb-12|
|L&T Infrastructure Finance Company (Tranche 2)||5,000||8.70%||10 Years||46,060||11-Feb-12|
|Infrastructure Development Finance Company||5,000||8.70%||10 Years||46,060||25-Feb-12|
|SREI Infrastructure Finance||1,000||9.15%||15 Years||74,360||6-Mar-12|
* Maturity Amount is assuming investment of Rs 20,000 in cumulative scheme till Maturity period of the scheme.
You might want to look here for calculating effective yield and knowing more details of these bonds.